On March 11, 2021, President Biden signed the American Rescue Plan (ARP) which includes funding for the National Endowment for the Arts to support organizations and jobs in the arts sector that have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. NDCA has received ARP funding from the National Endowment for the Arts and will award approximately $700,000 to individual artists and arts organizations in North Dakota.
NDCA ARP Funds will provide "an opportunity for the sector not just to reestablish old ways of operating, but to rebuild in a way that works better for all arts organizations." The continued effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on artists and contract workers engaged in producing art and arts and cultural events continues to reflect a disruption in income due to widespread cancellation of events, residencies, and production contracts. Language needed to reflect this is NEW work to support mission/growth and build community
Organizations and nonprofits, particularly those dependent on revenue from admissions, ticket sales, and other sources of earned income, are another segment of the North Dakota arts and cultural community that are in need of assistance to re-establish or pivot the means in which they promote the arts.
Individuals and organizations eligible for this funding are defined as those whose primary mission is to promote and provide connections through creative expression by sharing creative experiences, expressing their own creativity, or connecting people with their local and statewide communities through the arts.
NDCA's ARP Fund is administered by NDCA. Applicants must adhere to the funding policies of NDCA. NDCA reserves the right to amend, reduce, or terminate any funding for non-compliance with the general guidelines.
Organizational applicants should have an established policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex or ability to all programs, activities and services.
NDCA ARP Funds Guidelines and Grants
- Guidelines for Organizations and Individuals
- Organization Application
- Individual Application
- Documentation Guide
NDCA ARP Funds Timeline 2021-2022
- June 1, 2021: Start Date for Eligible Activities/Expenses
- August 16, 2021: Round 1, First Application Deadline
- September 13, 2021: Round 1 Award Notification
- October 15, 2021: Round 2, Second Application Deadline
- October 15, 2021: First Date of Funding Dispersal (Round 1 Individuals Only)
- November 19, 2021: Round 2 Award Notification
- December 15, 2021: Second Date of Funding Dispersal (Round 2 Individuals Only)
- January 31, 2022: Last Date of Eligible Activities/Expenses
- February 1, 2022: Latest Date of Funding Dispersal (Individuals and Organizations)
- February 28, 2022: Final Report Deadline
For Questions or Assistance
Contact ARP Funds Coordinator Kayla Schmidt at email@example.com.