Artist in Residence is a noncompetitive reimbursement grant program that provides up to $2,500 in support for North Dakota pre-K-12 students and teachers to work with professional artists either in a traditional school setting or during after-school and/or summer programs. Residencies include 20 or more contact hours spanning four days or longer (up to five hours per day of artist activities). Teaching artists work together with teachers and staff to design activities that enhance educational programs and help to address learning standards or curricular goals.
There is limited funding available for this program. Early submission is highly recommended.
- Before 11:59 pm (CST) 6-weeks prior to the start date of the proposed activity
For Project Dates
- July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024
Grant Award Range
- For proposals that include a North Dakota teaching artist resident: A NDCA award request may not exceed $2,500 or 70% of the total project cost, whichever is less. A 30% cash match is required.
- For proposals that include an out-of-state teaching artist resident: A NDCA award request may not exceed $2,500 or 50% of the total project cost, whichever is less. A 50% cash match is required.
For Questions or Assistance
Contact Arts in Education Director Matthew Anderson | email@example.com | (701) 328-7593
All applicants should read this document thoroughly before beginning the application form.
To apply to NDCA's Artist in Residence Teaching Artist Program, click here.
Applicants must be one of the following:
- A North Dakota school, school district, government agency, or nonprofit organization is eligible to serve as the lead partner and fiscal agent for the grant.
All Applicants Must:
- Be physically located in North Dakota;
- Have majority of arts programming, services, or activities take place in North Dakota;
- Primarily serve and engage North Dakota audiences and participants.
Grant applications are submitted online through the NDCA online grant system.
To apply online, go to grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=ndca
The tutorials below guide new users through the online registration process and illustrates how to apply and use the system.