Classes and Workshops
- The Arts Center, Jamestown. For more information on available classes, call (701) 251-2496, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://jamestownarts.com/ to see a calendar listing.
- Bismarck Art & Galleries Association. For more information, call (701) 202-3400; email email@example.com; visit the gallery at 422 East Front Ave., Bismarck; or visit www.bismarck-art.org/.
- Bismarck Downtown Artist Co-op. To sign up, email name of student, classes attending, and parent/guardian contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call (701) 527-9732 for questions. Location: 222 N 4th Street Downtown Bismarck. For more information visit www.bismarckdac.com.
- Dakota Stage, Bismarck. For additional information email email@example.com, call (701) 258-4998 or visit www.dakotastageltd.com.
- Empire Arts Center, Grand Forks. For information on classes call (701) 746-5500, or visit www.empireartscenter.com.
- Fargo Park District. For more information, call (701) 499-6060, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.fargoparks.com.
- James Memorial Art Center, Williston. For more information call 774-3601; email: email@example.com; or visit http://thejamesmemorial.org.
- The North Dakota Association of Nonprofit Organizations (NDANO) hosts a Nonprofit Leadership Conference in June. For more information, call (701) 258-9101 (Bismarck) or 888-396-3266; or visit www.ndano.org/.
- North Dakota Ballet Company, Grand Forks. Call for class schedule, 701-746-6044, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.northdakotaballet.org. Classes for all ages include ballet, tap, jazz, modern, hip-hop, and pointe.
- North Dakota Museum of Art, Grand Forks. For more information, call (701) 777-4195, email email@example.com, or visit www.ndmoa.com/.
- Northern Plains Dance, Bismarck. For more information call 701-530-0986 or visit: www.northernplainsdance.org.
- Performing Arts School at the Bluestem Center for the Arts, Moorhead. For further information, contact Bluestem at (218) 477-6500, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.trollwood.org.
- Plains Art Museum, Fargo. Register and get more details online at www.plainsart.org or by phoning (701) 551-6100.
- Putnam House, Carrington. For more information, email email@example.com, stop in at 533 Main Street in Carrington or visit www.putnamhouse.org/.
- Red Door Art Gallery and Museum, Wahpeton. For more information, call (701) 591-1010, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.reddoorgallerywahpeton.com.
- Shade Tree Players, Bismarck. Detailed information and registration forms can be found online at www.dakotastageltd.com/program-description.
- Sleepy Hollow & Arts Park, Bismarck. Scholarships available. For more information call (701) 319-0895, email email@example.com; or visit www.shtap.org.
- Spirit Room, Fargo. To learn more about available classes at the Spirit Room, call at 237-0230, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.spiritroom.org/.
- Taube Museum of Art, Minot. For information on classes and camps available, call 838-4445; email email@example.com or visit www.taubemuseum.org.
- THEO Art School classes, Bismarck. For more information visit www.theoartschool.org; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or call (701) 222-6452.
- Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation, Historic Medora. To learn more about available classes, call (701) 223-4800 or visit https://foundation.medora.com/.
- Arts Midwest Grant Opportunities: Arts Midwest is committed to Midwestern communities, large and small, through grantmaking, creative programming, and leadership training.
- Bush Foundation Community Innovation Grant: Bush Foundation Community Innovation Grants support communities to use problem-solving processes that lead to more effective, equitable and sustainable solutions. Think of it as civic R&D, allowing communities to develop and test new solutions to community challenges. There are no longer any application deadlines for the Community Innovation grants. Organizations are welcome to apply anytime using their online application system.
- Dakota West Arts Council for Non-Profit Organizations & Individuals: Dakota West Arts Council grants funding to both non-profit arts organizations and to individual artists. These grants support artists working in a broad range of arts and cultures: dance, literature, media, music, theater, traditional folk arts and craft, film/video, and visual arts.
- Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation: USArtists International supports in-person and virtual performances by American artists at engagements at international festivals and global presenting arts marketplaces outside of the United States. The program funds individuals and ensembles across all performing arts practices and disciplines.
- National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) Grants for Individuals and Organizations: The NEA encourages activities that rebuild the creative economy and educate the next generation; unite and heal the nation through the arts; and serve the nation’s art field. Committing to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility, and fostering mutual respect for the diverse beliefs and values of all individuals and groups.
- South Arts Jazz Road Tours supports small, three- to six-site tours at an array of venue types, often in rural communities and other areas traditionally underserved by the genre. Grant amounts generally range from $5,000 to $15,000.
- Western Arts Alliance (WAA)’s Advancing Indigenous Performance (AIP) Native Artist Opportunity Fund, a financial assistance award program that aids US-based Indigenous performing artists with short-term needs related to the promotion, development and sharing of their work or practice. Grants capped at $750.
Film, Video & Screenwriting; Theater, Dance, Playwriting, and Auditions
- Dance Company of Minot - providing dance training in a variety of styles for varying levels of experience.
- North Dakota Ballet Company, Grand Forks. The North Dakota Ballet Company is committed to promoting classical ballet and other dance styles for individuals of all ages.
- Northern Plains Dance, Bismarck. Northern Plains Dance provides dance training in a variety of areas such as ballet, hip hop, modern, jazz, tap, and social dance. Dance instruction is for students aged 3 to adult.
- Dakota Prairie Regional Center for the Arts, New Rockford - a theatre company which puts on live performances each year for the community to enjoy.
- Dakota Stage Ltd., Bismarck - a community theatre company that puts on 5 annual productions each year. Individuals of all ages are needed for the shows.
- Empire Theatre Company - a professional theatre company in Grand Forks, producing a full season of productions. ETC contracts with local, regional, and nationally-based professional actors to produce a season of four or more full-length productions each season.
- Entertainment Inc!, Williston - a community theatre that provides multiple shows a season both plays and musicals. There are many opportunities to volunteer or act.
- Fargo Moorhead Community Theatre - Providing both classes and live performances, the FMCT enriches the community with wonderful opportunities.
- Greater Grand Forks Community Theatre - puts on multiple shows throughout its season. Perfect acting opportunities for both children and adult actors.
- Medora Musical - One of Medora’s most famous attractions, the Medora Musical is a high-energy, country-western variety show. This show runs from the beginning of June to the beginning of September.
- Shade Tree Players, Bismarck. - a summer children’s theatre for children ages seven to eighteen located in Bismarck. Children perform alongside peers and are able to participate in the performing arts in front of friends and family
- Sleepy Hollow Theatre & Arts Park, Bismarck. Sleepy Hollow nurtures youth with acting and theatre opportunities each summer. This outdoor theatre company puts on approximately two productions a year.
- Theatre B, Fargo. Theatre B ignites conversations that transform the community through intimate and courageous stories. This live theatre company brings a wide variety of the latest award-winning plays and bold, untested new works to life.
- Western Plains Opera, Minot. The Western Plains Opera puts on outstanding opera performances each season. The opera is made up of professional principal singers, nationally acclaimed conductors, and innovative stage directors, as well as students from Minot State University, and community members.
Music Calls and Auditions
- Bismarck-Mandan Civic Chorus
- Bismarck-Mandan Symphony
- Central Dakota Children's Choir, Bismarck
- Fargo Moorhead Area Youth Symphonies
- Fargo Moorhead Chamber Chorale
- Grand Forks Chorales
- Greater Grand Forks Symphony
- Jamestown Choralaires
- Minot Chamber Chorale
- Minot Symphony Orchastra
- Northern Valley Youth Orchestras, Grand Forks
Residence, Internships, Fellowships & Scholarships (includes all disciplines)
- NDCA's Facebook page is often posting opportunities so please "like" our page and check back often!
Visual Arts and Literary Arts
- Innovate Artists Grant awards (2) $550 grants each quarter, to one Visual Artist and one Photographer.
- Ongoing Call - NDCA is utilizing the exhibit space on the 18th floor, or Observation Deck, of the Capitol Building. This excellent well-lit space provides great views, in addition to displaying historical photos of the Capitol building over the years. It is the most visited floor of the Capitol, drawing over12,000 international, national, and statewide visitors every year.
- Ongoing Call - Heart River Voice is a print publication that focuses on the Dickinson community and the surrounding area, featuring North Dakota artists from around the state. Colorful paintings, drawings, photographs or mixed media are sought for cover art. For more information contact email@example.com.
- Open call for writers and artists: Sunspot Literary Journal offers an Editor's Prize of $50 for the annual edition, and pays for artwork selected for a cover. Now open for flash, stories and essays, including scripts and poetry.
- The AestheticaMag Art Prize is open for entries. Welcoming submissions from established and emerging practitioners, the award introduces new talent to the world stage.
- Western Arts Alliance (WAA)’s Advancing Indigenous Performance (AIP) program has launched the Native Artist Opportunity Fund — a new financial assistance award program to aid US-based Indigenous performing artists with short-term needs related to the promotion, development and sharing of their work or practice. Artists may apply for funds for a wide range of eligible uses, with grants capped at $750.
- Get paid for your photos and videos! Submit your juiciest food and cooking content for an opportunity to become a contributor to Wix’s growing media gallery.
- ZAPPlication. ZAPP® enables individual artists to apply online to multiple art shows through one central website.
- Visit the Artist Call for Entry website and the Artwork Archive website to learn about endless opportunities!