Special Projects is a grant program that provides up to $1,250 for North Dakota groups to initiate new art events of all disciplines and forms and to hire North Dakota or non-North Dakota touring artist and artist groups.
Note: There is limited funding available for this program. Early submission of applications is highly recommended. Applications are reviewed and grants awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis and it is not guaranteed that funds will be available for all the panel dates listed.
Applicants are encouraged to carefully review the Program Overview and Application Guidelines, then call the program officer prior to beginning an application, particularly if there are questions about activity eligibility.
Deadlines - FY21
- Round 5: Before 11:59 pm (CST) Tuesday, February 2, 2021
(Earliest Project Start Date: February 23, 2021 – Latest Project End Date: June 30, 2021)
- Round 6: Before 11:59 pm (CST) Tuesday, April 6, 2021
(Earliest Project Start Date: April 27, 2021 - Latest Project End Date: June 30, 2021)
Grant Award Range
- May not exceed $1,250 or 50% of the total project cash expenses, whichever is less
- A 50% match is required
Contact the Program Officer for updates on this program before applying.
Program Officer Vanessa Voskuil | email@example.com | (701) 328-7591
Applicants must be one of the following:
- North Dakota State tax-exempt nonprofit arts organization.
- Federally tax-exempt nonprofit arts organization.
- Federally tax-exempt non-arts organizations and community education units. Arts budgets must be isolated from the larger entity’s budget.
- Public Entity such as a unit of state, local, or tribal government.
- Fiscally sponsored groups with arts projects. A fiscally sponsored group must be comprised of at least three people, have an advisory committee of at least three people that is responsible for oversight of project and grant funds, and a fiscal sponsor. Fiscal sponsors must be registered with the IRS as a 501(c)3 nonprofit. Applicants applying with a fiscal sponsor are required to provide a signed fiscal sponsorship agreement and the fiscal sponsor’s IRS recognition letter.
For more information, visit www.arts.nd.gov/sites/www/files/documents/grants/FiscalSponsorshipNDCA.pdf.
And All Applicants Must:
- Be physically located in North Dakota, Moorhead, MN, or East Grand Forks, MN;
- Have majority of arts programming, services, or activities take place in North Dakota;
- Primarily serve and engage North Dakota audiences and participants.
NDCA is transitioning to a new online grant system, to learn more visit www.arts.nd.gov/grants/online-grant-transition.
Contact the Program Officer for updates on this program before applying. Program Officer Vanessa Voskuil | firstname.lastname@example.org | (701) 328-7591
The tutorials below guide new users through the online registration process and illustrates how to apply and use the system.
- Video Tutorial 1: Site Access & Account Creation (3 minutes)
- Video Tutorial 2: Applying for Funding (5 minutes)
- Video Tutorial 3: Your Applicant Dashboard (3 minutes)
- Written Tutorial