*THE APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS PASSED.
The annual Individual Artist Fellowship program will open again in mid-February, 2024.
The Individual Artist Fellowship grant program is designed to support outstanding and established practicing individual artists residing in North Dakota. Two fellowships of $5,000 are awarded annually for projects that will enhance or expand artistic skills and help generate greater visibility to potential audiences.
Each proposal must include three community components in at least two of North Dakota’s eight regions (such as a public performance, exhibition, reading, open workshop, or demonstration).
Eligible Disciplines for FY24
- Dance and Theater (all forms, including traditional) Includes: Choreographers (including traditional dance genres), theater directors who generate new works, playwrights (including musical theater genre), lighting designers, set designers, and costume designers.
- Before 11:59 pm CST, Friday, March 31, 2023
- Draft Review Application Deadline: Before 11:59 pm CST, Friday, March 17, 2023
For Project Dates
- July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024
Grant Award Range
- $5,000 maximum request
- No matching funds are required for this program
For Questions or Assistance
Contact Program Officer Kim Konikow || (701) 328-7592
All applicants should read these documents thoroughly before beginning the application form.
Eligible Individual Artist Applicants Must:
- Be pursuing original artwork on an ongoing basis within an artistic discipline;
- Be the originator of the work, not an interpreter of the work of others;
- Be a United States citizen or have attained permanent resident status;
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Be a North Dakota resident as of January 1, 2022 and continue to reside in North Dakota throughout the contract period;
- Cannot be enrolled as a student in any high school, college, or university at the time of application.
Grant applications are submitted online through the NDCA online grant system.
To apply online, go to grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=ndca
The tutorials below guide new users through the online registration process and illustrates how to apply and use the system.
|Fiscal Year||Grantee Name||Discipline||Grant Amount|
|2022||Pieper Bloomquist||Traditional Visual Arts||$3,500|
|2021||Amoussa (Hamzat) Koriko||Theater/Production||$2,500|
|2021||Shalini Agarwal||Traditional Dance||$1,000|
|2020||Emerson William Eads||Music||$3,500|
|2018||Liselotte Erdrich||Folk/Birch Bark||$3,500|
|2015||Eileen K McEnroe||Baskets||$2,500|
|2012||Armando Ramos III||Visual||$2,500|
|2011||Frank Koch||Folk Arts||$2,500|
|2009||William D Thompson||Visual/Painting||$2,500|
|2008||Anthony R LaFromboise||Folk Arts||$2,500|
|2007||Troy Sterling Nies||Music||$2,500|
|2006||Sarah Regan Snavely||Visual||$2,500|
|2005||Conrad E Davidson||Theater/Playwright||$2,500|
|2004||William J Snyder Jr||Literature/Poetry||$2,500|
|2003||Kent Kapplinger||Exhibit Curating|