The Individual Artist Fellowship grant program is designed to support outstanding and established practicing individual artists residing in North Dakota. Two fellowships of $3,500 are annually awarded for projects that will enhance or expand the applicant's artistic skills and/or process and help the artist generate greater visibility and exposure to potential audiences.
Applicants are encouraged to carefully review the Program Overview and Application Instructions. Contact the program officer if you have questions prior to beginning an application.
Eligible Disciplines for FY22
- Visual Art and Media Arts
- Includes: Two-and three-dimensional visual arts (including noncommercial photography and traditional art genres), new media art, film/video/digital production directors, and screenwriters.
- Before 11:59 pm (CST) on Thursday, April 15, 2021
- Draft Review Application Deadline: Monday, March 22, 2021 – before 11:59 pm (CST)
For Project Dates
- July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022
Grant Award Range
- $3,500 maximum request
- No matching funds are required for this program
For Questions or Assistance
Contact Program Officer Kim Konikow | firstname.lastname@example.org | (701) 328-7592
Eligible Individual Artist Applicants Must:
- Be pursuing original artwork on an ongoing basis within an artistic discipline;
- Be the originator of the work, not an interpreter of the work of others;
- Be a United States citizen or have attained permanent resident status;
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Be a North Dakota resident as of January 1, 2020 and continue to reside in North Dakota throughout the contract period;
- Cannot be enrolled as a student in any high school, college, or university at the time of application.
Grant applications are submitted online through the NDCA online grant system.
To apply online, go to grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=ndca
The tutorials below guide new users through the online registration process and illustrates how to apply and use the system.