Community Arts Access Tier 1 & 2 is a grant program that provides up to $4,000 in arts activity support to arts and non-arts organizations and unincorporated groups.
- Round 1: 11:59 pm CST, Friday, April 14, 2023
For project dates between July 1, 2023 and June 30, 2024
- Round 2: 11:59 pm CST, Monday, October 9, 2023
For project dates between November 1, 2023 and June 30, 2024
Grant Award Range
- $1,250 minimum request
- $4,000 maximum request
- 25% match required
For Questions or Assistance
Contact Program Officer Vanessa Voskuil | firstname.lastname@example.org | (701) 328-7591
All applicants should read these documents thoroughly before beginning the online application.
Download the budget form appropriate to the applicant’s population. Complete and upload to the online application
Applicants must be one of the following
- North Dakota State tax-exempt nonprofit arts organization
- Federally tax-exempt nonprofit arts organization
- Federally tax-exempt non-arts organizations and community education units - Arts budgets must be isolated from the larger entity’s budget.
- Public entity such as a unit of state, local, or tribal government
- An affiliate arts presenting or producing organization - A distinct program or division hosted within a North Dakota 501(c)(3) tax-exempt institution or public institution (such as an arts division of a city or tribal government, a public or nonprofit college or university, or a community service nonprofit) that provides arts programming or services for the general public. Arts budgets must be isolated from the larger entity’s budget.
- Fiscally sponsored groups with arts projects must be comprised of at least three people and have an advisory committee of at least three people who are responsible for oversight of project and grant funds. Fiscal sponsors must be a tax-exempt 501(c)3 organization, unit of state or local government, or federally recognized tribal community or tribe. For more information, visit arts.nd.gov/sites/www/files/documents/grants/FiscalSponsorshipNDCA.pdf.
And All Applicants Must:
- Be physically located in North Dakota
- Have majority of arts programming, services, or activities take place in North Dakota
- Primarily serve and engage North Dakota audiences and participants
Grant applications are submitted online through the NDCA online grant system.
To apply online, go to grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=ndca
The tutorials below guide new users through the online registration process and illustrates how to apply and use the system.
- Video Tutorial 1: Site Access & Account Creation (3 minutes)
- Video Tutorial 2: Applying for Funding (5 minutes)
- Video Tutorial 3: Your Applicant Dashboard (3 minutes)