Professional Development (PD) is a reimbursement grant program that provides up to $1,000 for North Dakota individual professional artists, individual arts educators, nonprofit arts organizations, and educational institutions to partake in arts-related professional development activities. Proposed activities can be within the United States or International.
Note: There is limited funding available for this program. Early submission of applications is highly recommended. Applications are reviewed and grants awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis and it is not guaranteed that funds will be available for each panel review date.
This is a reimbursement program. Grantees are reimbursed after the training is completed and the receipt of a final report. Applicants are encouraged to carefully review the Program Overview and Application Guidelines prior to beginning an application.
Deadlines - FY21
- Online grant applications for FY21 PD grants will be open and available on April 15, 2020
- Application Deadline: Before 11:59 pm (CST) 6-weeks before activity start date
- Draft Review Deadline: Before 11:59 pm (CST) 1-week before application deadline
- July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021
Applicants must be one of the following:
- An individual professional artist
- An individual arts educator
- A North Dakota state tax-exempt nonprofit arts organization
- A Federally tax-exempt nonprofit arts organization
- A North Dakota public education institution - Arts budgets must be isolated from the larger entity’s budget and have an advisory committee for the proposed project.
Additional Eligibility Guidelines for Individual Applicants
- Be a United States citizen or have attained permanent resident status;
- Be at least 21 years of age;
- Be a North Dakota resident for at least one year prior to the application date and continue to reside in North Dakota throughout the contract period;
- Cannot be enrolled as a full-time student in any high school, college, or university at the time of application.
- May not exceed $1,000 or 80% of the total project cash expenses, whichever is less
- A 20% match is required
- All applicants are required to use the Go Smart system to apply. Registration is required of all applicants before beginning an application to any program. It is only necessary to register once.
Go Smart Tutorial
- How to Register and Use Go Smart: PDF download
Questions or Assistance
- Contact Program Officer Vanessa Voskuil | email@example.com | (701) 328-7591